About Jeff Jackson
There are a lot of experienced people in the golf industry, but few with as much knowledge, experience, and versatility as Jeff Jackson, majority owner of Granville Golfland. Some might say he’s a renaissance man of golf because he can do it all.
Jackson’s golf industry career, spanning four decades, includes product design and development, club making and fitting, sales, marketing, promotions, and public relations. In addition to owning a Top 100 Golf Range, has been director of golf at a major resort, and coached golf for 12 years. In addition, Jackson is widely published and is a frequent speaker at golf seminars in the U.S. and Canada.
Jeff purchased the range in 2004 and has made numerous improvements since the purchase. The improvements include an expanded grass tee area, a practice green, a practice bunker, new signage and a number of new equipment purchases. Jackson oversees the day-to-day operation of the range and is active in golf instruction as well. He is a member of the USGTF (United States Golf Teachers Federation).
Jackson is Director of Product Development for Powerbilt Golf, a company that has been in the golf business since 1916. Powerbilt is headquartered in Louisville, Ky. and offers a full line of golf equipment, that we now proudly stock in the proshop. As part of his duties at Powerbilt, Jackson will be working with Powerbilt staff pro Fuzzy Zoeller on our Trackman Fitting System to ensure that his equipment is fitted 100% to his swing.
Jackson spent some time at Mitchell Golf Equipment Company, the industry leader in repair equipment and was responsible for all marketing and communications for the company. He increased industry and consumer awareness of Mitchell Golf through press releases, written articles and presentations at various golf events and expos. He was active in Mitchell’s Club Performance school, the industry’s flagship school related to launch monitor fitting.
Prior to his tenure at Mitchell, Jackson was president of Dynacraft Golf Products, Inc, Newark, Ohio, until leaving the company in 2002. Jackson was responsible for all product design and development, having designed most of Dynacraft’s products for a number of years. His responsibilities included sales, marketing and catalog production. Jackson was instrumental in the development of the Dynacraft Clubmaking Institute program. He supervised the Dynacraft technical staff, technical information division and served as an instructor at DCI.
- Jackson has written five club making and fitting texts, including Total Clubfitting and The Modern Guide to Club Making
- Authored articles for several national and international publications
- A regular contributor to several Internet sites
- A frequent speaker at golf-related seminars in both the U.S. and Canada. Jackson has participated in the Australian PGA Education Program on numerous occasions.
Born in Cumberland, Maryland, Jackson graduated from Western Maryland College in 1979. He received his Master’s Degree from Frostburg State University in 1983. An educator and golf coach for 12 years, Jackson also acted as director of golf at Wisp Resort in Garrett County Maryland for three years in the mid-1980s. Jackson owned and operated Western Maryland Golf in Cumberland, MD, from 1983-90, serving the golf repair and custom club needs of a five-state area.
Jeff now resides in Heath.
Email Jeff (jeffjacksongranvillegolflandcom)
Why choose Golfland?
- A Top 100 Golf Range
- Ping Fitter of the Year
- Full complement of fitting clubs from top manufactures
- The most experienced club fitter in the area
- Price matching on all brands
- All clubs and fittings guaranteed
- Interchangeable shaft/head fitting systems from Ping, Mizuno, Titleist Tour Edge and Cobra
- State-of-the-art Trackman launch monitor
- Overnight club repair by an expert who wrote 5 books on the subject
- Joe Giles named Top 10 Teacher in Ohio by Golf Digest
- Jeff Jackson has published teaching/fitting/equipment articles to golf publications around the world